Pages

Friday 17 January 2014

Korean BBQ Gangnam Style - Bon Ga (본가)

Meat? Gooooooood. Korean BBQ?? Very gooooooood. I probably like Korean BBQ more than I probably should. I'm surprised in myself that it wasn't until Day 3 that l went to a proper Korean BBQ joint. The place we went to was just south of Gangman station in a side street. From the multilingual menu, this place' is known for serving a particular part of the cow but very thinly. Maybe a bit too thin because I found I had to put a few slices into my lettuce wrap.

Melvin and I tried to order a meat platter but the waiter told us it was for 3-4 people. So we attempted to order four different meats but the waiter again told us it was too much food. Normally waiters are correct when it comes to portions of food but in this instance ours was wrong. Although I was full, Melvin claimed he could have eaten more. 

This restaurant provided the usual bean paste, raw garlic (man my breath was stinky for the rest of the day), mountain portions of sides and a great selection of lettuce leaves. I read up later that you can order the spicy versions of our thinly shied meat, but considering the amount of chilli induced pimples on my face, this was probably for the better.

It may have been because Melvin and l were the only eating customers in the restaurant at 3pm but we had our grill plate changed over at least two times. I wonder if they change it that often when it is busy during normal eating hours.

The meal was pretty good, to be honest I've tasted better at a friend's house. So I guess l just have to try other Korean BBQ restaurants whilst I'm into country. No complaining there.






No comments:

Post a Comment